"She makes others happy...She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes..."

Monday, March 10, 2014

We've All Got Our Junk

Pin It



I try to keep this little corner of the Internet very upbeat and positive. There is too much sadness, negativity and despair in the media and news. However, I'm about to hop on the semi-serious train for today's blog post. Kind of heavy for the Monday after "spring forward" but just go with me...

I've been very intrigued watching all of the commercials and previews for the new ABC show Resurrection. The show follows residents of Arcadia, Missouri whose lives are turned upside down when their loved ones return from the dead.


I find this to be an interesting concept. Given that I have a general distaste for any form of entertainment medium that could not happen in real life (aka- "fantastical magic"...Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, anything with Vampires), I'm surprised that I am the least bit interested. However, I think that it definitely makes you ponder some things.

What would you do if your relative or loved one 
returned from the dead? 

Whenever loved ones die, a common phrase uttered is, "I wish I would have told them ____". This is partially the reason for the counter-phrases, "live everyday like it's your last", "never go a day without telling people you love them", etc. But what if they came back?

I've had my fair share of deaths. Two grandfathers, who both lived long and accomplished lives, some other, more distant relatives, a friend and classmate in 7th grade. Sometimes it crosses my mind that it would be really great if they were still around for various life events. But I think that my thoughts more often wander to my classmate that passed away in 7th grade. She was 13 and passed away as a result of a car accident. By now she would probably have graduated college, maybe be married and starting her own family. 

In a world that is filled with so much hate, greed, scheming, bullying, etc, we need to remember to be nice to one another. We've all got our junk and we are all dealing with SOMETHING. But we really don't know when our time is up, so we need to live lives that we can measure in 
love, acceptance, generosity, and good faith. 

"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever wanna live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then look around. Drink it in. 'Cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."
--Grey's Anatomy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips