"She makes others happy...She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes..."

Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap/Musings on a Monday

Pin It Happy Monday! After an absolutely lovely weekend, I'm feeling ready to conquer this short work week!
1) Our old stomping ground, Illinois State University!
2)Medici...our fav!
3)Another favorite stomping ground, Maggie Miley's!
4) Cutesy faces in Redbird country!


Friday, Damien came home from work and said that we were headed somewhere fun for dinner, so I needed to be ready in about 30 minutes. We ended up going to Normal, Illinois, which is where Illinois State University is located (our alma mater) to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Medici. This restaurant is beyond cool, and it has this HUGE tree that goes right up through the middle of the restaurant through the roof-top deck! It's artificial, but a very cool affect, nonetheless. After a delish dinner of a little Margarita pizza and a mint mojito, we decided to take a little walk through Uptown Normal. They have made so many awesome improvements to this area since we were students there, so it's always fun to take a jaunt down memory lane. A trip up to ISU is never complete without driving down Willow Street, which is where our old sorority house was located. Lots of very fond memories in that house, including my Initiation into Tri Sigma. My Instagram was being bogus so I wasn't able to snap a pic of this house. It appears to be uninhabited at the moment, so I'm not sure which Greek organization will be moving in...might have to research that! ;-)


1) Little Frances Bean enjoying the lovely Saturday morning weather (and a few strips of bacon!)
2) Abraham Lincoln's law office...right across the street from our outdoor seating for breakfast.
3) part of the beautiful view for breakfast. Illinois's Old State Capitol.

Our Saturday morning routine of hitting up the Farmer's Market and then breakfast was especially nice this Saturday. The weather was actually cool and pleasant, so we were able to eat outside and enjoy the weather, people watch, and allow Bean to keep an eye on the mean streets of Springfield. 

We also made some amazing appetizers for my sister's birthday dinner at our dad's house. Super easy, super inexpensive, and super tasty!


Strawberry Mango Salsa


Caprese Dip




YUMMMM right?!


Some additional thoughts/musings on this Monday:


1) The Bachelorette Finale: I was so so sooo happy Emily picked Jef! I was a fan of Jef's from day 1, and they look like they could not be more happy. In other news, Ari, you're mega sketchy with that whole flying to Charlotte/leaving your diary on Emily's doorstep thing. You need to get it together.


2) I decided it's time to stop purchasing summer clothes, but I'm really struggling with this one, guys. Everything is so inexpensive right now, and I keep trying to justify my purchases by saying that I can wear them in Key West for the wedding. I need to get my act together.


3) I wish we were going to Key West todayyy. Waaah.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips